With that aim in mind he sought the oldest man in the village who knew all about the fields and the crops that grew in the, and asked him:
- Tell me, please, uncle. You are the wisest farmer in the village and you know what grows where and which crop is best in each field. Do you think that wheat would be a good crop for this field of mine here?
- Listen, my boy, I’ve been around here for so many years, and I’ve never seen wheat grow in this field.
- I understand, uncle. Would you think then that cotton would be a suitable crop?
- Cotton? Never have I seen a strand of cotton on this land.
- All right. How about grapes? Do you think grapes would grow well on my field?
- Pardon me, my boy, but in all my long life I’ve never seen grapes grow here.
- Well, uncle, I’ll have to do something anyway. I’m going to sow wheat in my field, and we’ll see what happens.
- Wait a minute, my boy, wait a minute. If you sow seed on the field… that’s another matter!