The young graduate from the Agricultural College bought a field and began to think how to put it to best use. He went to see an old farmer of the region to ask him for advice.
- I’ve taking a field here, and you know well the region for many years. Will this field grow good cotton?
- Sir, I’ve been here for so many years and I’ve never seen any cotton on it.
- And tobacco?
- I’ve never seen tobacco here.
- And oats?
- Neither oats.
- Well, look here, I’ll have to do something. It may grow or may not grow, but I’m going to sow oats here, and we’ll see what happens.
- Wait a minute, young man, wait a minute. If you sow something that’s another matter.